Monday, February 22, 2010

The Great Gig In The Sky

It's been many years ago and seemingly galaxies away since my last astronomy lesson. My Sunday trip to the newly revived Griffith Observatory in the Hollywood Hills reminded me that we are all made of stars. Where have I heard that one before? Ah, yes...that Moby song. Gazing one-hundred & eighty degrees over the city of Angels makes you think how small we all really are in the grand scheme of things. For a brief moment, all that seems overwhelming and insurmountable in your little bubble makes you focus on the big picture. Sometimes, we need these little reminders because we aren't the center of the universe. We are all made of stars and all that above us is just a great gig in the sky.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

That must have been a beautiful sight viewing the City of Angels from the top of the hill. I have got to get up there soon and see what I have been missing for so many years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails