Friday, January 22, 2010

Fun With Words: "Cali"


Sometimes there are words that should never turn into slang. The abbreviated version does no justice for the original term and hearing it used in daily conversations can really make the word sound incredibly annoying. Maybe I'm alone in this. Maybe I'm too observant. But, when people refer to California as "Cali", I ask myself why. Does it really take THAT long to actually say the whole word? I mean those extra 3 syllables are a bit daunting...riiiiiight. I know, I know, we're all SO busy, we just don't have time to say it all. But, please, do me a favor and show some respect for the beautiful State of California. And don't call it Cali. The only person who made the word Cali actually sound cool, was the Notorious B.I.G....cut to, "I'm going going, back back, to Cali." Admittedly, that rap would sound pretty lame if he said California.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails