Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ron Marvin, My Design Star



My Hancock Park art deco studio is crying out for design love! So, let the creative process commence. Like most of my research projects, I "google." I searched cool studio apartments interior design manhattan. Many Manhattanites live in pocket sized apartments and re-design them after chic boutique hotel rooms. So, I clicked here and let me tell you, my research for a cool inspiring very small space was practically done.

Ron Marvin's Hotel "Sweet" in Chelsea, won the 2007 Apartment Therapy award for smallest coolest apartment. Now, Ron IS a professional interior designer who has the industry contacts and a larger budget than most contest entries. For the sake of my design project, his Chelsea studio was the perfect inspiration. Every square inch of Ron's 300 square foot former hotel room, is utilized to the nines! I'm on a budget, so I've found most key accent pieces at Ikea, Target, and Amazon. I'll post some "AFTER" photos soon!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails